20 years of Drinking Alcohol

Home Page All Forums Day 9 – The Action Solution Community Forum 20 years of Drinking Alcohol

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  neozon 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Participant

Worries

• That I’m not going to relax at social parties is I don’t drink
    • That I’m not going have fun at weddings if I don’t drink
    • That I’m not going to be able to enjoy some relaxations at home without alcohol

I have never been a full time drinker in my life. (So, that’s what I believed.) I’m basically a social drinker. But, I notice that is starting to disappear lately in the last year. In the past I would basically binge drink mix drinks at social gatherings. Four to five would be another to have a nice pass-out sleep and wake-up with a sickly hangover. Then I would begin the day after game of complain to myself of why I would do this to myself. I could easily use that to stay sober for two to three weeks. Not, without internal conflict. There have been times in the pass where I could go about three months without drinking. I promised never to drink hard liquor again and just stick to wine and beer. And, yes, My hangovers have been reduce to minor headaches and sluggishness. But, I have put on and extra 30 pounds (210) when I use to weigh 170.

I realize my confirmation bias (At least I don’t drink as much as they do) and worries (I won’t be able to fit in and enjoy my time with friends and family) are the tools I have been employing. I have been studying NLP and Neuro-Semantics for about a decade. I have all the tools but never put them together properly. Because my rock bottom is Mental and Physical sluggishness brought about drinking. It doesn’t matter even if I drink once every two weeks. That conflict of Worries, Confirmation biases, Value disloyalties, etc. Are like a ball and chain dragging and slowing me down. Tying up my resource in unproductive stories I tell myself. I have purchased other books on this subject and their tools did have benefits for me. So, far, This course aligns with what I believe in. Thanks!

It’s funny. Before I was 21 I completely hated alcohol. I tried it a couple of time because I wanted to hang out with my friends. I always came out sick from them failed adventures and would tell myself never again. Somewhere along the path I wandered off the path. And, last two decades have been the struggle of wandering off the path and wandering back on the path.

Here’s to wandering back on the path!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support