Any Day 8'ers out there?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Participant

Hi,
    I’m in Day 8, and very proud of myself. Last night I sat around with two of the girls (teens) and perused the high school prom dress facebook page, commenting on all the dresses of the other students. It was fun. I was sober. I did not feel shame that I’d drunk too much and was a terrible role model. We picked my daughter’s senior picture (finally). It was fun. I was sober – and felt proud and content.

My goal is to ultimately be a leave it or not drinker, but I know that I am no where near there. From 3 pm to 9 pm, I still have cravings. I’ve been keeping very busy with yardwork to keep my mind off wine. Tomorrow night I will go to a social gathering of moms, but half of them drink water, so it should be OK.

I think one of the hardest things – other than dealing with the cravings – is keeping up with the book. But I’m a “homework gal” and like to stay on track. So, I’m going to do some catch up/review today. I want my days of sobriety to equal the days in the book. For me, this may work best.

How about you?

h

Participant

Good for you! That time of day is really tough for me too. It’s like a battle each day to resist… You’ve made it this far though, you can do it!!

Participant

When I read you’re post I thought I had written it except for the part about the girls and prom dresses. I too am trying to keep my days consistent with the chapters and also find the hardest times to be from 3-9 except for me it used to be 3-11,12,1….3. thanks for sharing.

Participant

I’m on Day 8 (5 days AF), and am still finding the solutions timely and useful. Decision fatigue tactics are good for those peak-craving hours in the evening. Work helps too, for me. And this evening when I got home from work, I went straight to the gym. It’s hard to drink or think about wine when cycling or running, and running almost always makes me feel better in mind and body. Roll on tomorrow, and another day of sobriety!

Participant

Thanks!!

Participant

What’s up Buttercup! I’m on Day 8 and we have a lot inn common. Daughters becoming young women, doing yardwork to cope, affinity for wine, and Day 8….Day 7 was a sober and content Mother’s Day for me, much like your experience picking out the prom dress. I’m happy to know you are just ahead of me on the path and wish you well.

Participant

Hi @jaygirl22 ..@buttercupgigi is a bit further along, look at the dates…you 2 can communicate via private message as well…tap on her screen name, you can request friendship and private message too on her profile. Onward! Sina

Participant

Tomorrow is my day 8. Good for you! I also love that feeling of being fully present with my teens in the evening.

Participant

Hey @lauraann! You are among friends! Just tap on the screen name of the above participants… you will be on their Profile page and you’ll see how to proceed with being friends and private message them if you want! It’s great to do this together! Onward, Sina

Participant

On Day 8 today. Can’t believe it and my mind sometimes goes to “when will I relapse?” And I make myself stop that”drinkin thinkin” !
    The willpower chapter is very powerful.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support