Being vigilant with all reading and homework, but I still have doubts…

Home Page All Forums Day 15 – The 4-Minute-Mile Solution Community Forum Being vigilant with all reading and homework, but I still have doubts…

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

Participant

Hi, day 15, and very few cravings for wine. It feels natural to do other things, although cookies have proven to be a weakness. I feel positive about all of the work, and this program for the most part, but I still have this nagging voice that reminds me that in just 15 more days I can drink again (less hopefully) or not at all…I don’t know if I am in denial or if it’s normal to still have doubts that I could be free of drinking forever. I feel ashamed and guilty that I felt that way even right after the explosion of old self video. Am I doing something wrong? Is this normal? What should I be doing? I have anxiety, which I am sure I used wine to tranquilize, and I am just wondering how to deal with this nervousness that the doubts are lingering for me…

Participant

Hi @lighterlife ! Your emotions sound totally normal to me. It’s not like this program is a religious conversion! It is more in the order of a wake up call to examine your life and reflect on what you want it, and yourself, to look like and to be. So in that sense, it will succeed no matter the outcome of your decisions at the end of 30 days. I would look at it as an exciting journey. Try to quell your nervousness best that you can…it Is a Journey, not a destination attained as you know!
    I love this quote by Helen Keller..
    “Life is either a daring adventure….or nothing. ”
    CONGRATULATIONS on your continuing Sobriety! Onward, Sina

Participant

Hi –
    I am also curious how the book concludes and guides us what to do next. However, I know that I have quite drinking many times. Once for two years. When i started again, it didn’t take 30 days and I was right back to my nightly habit of 3-5 beers. So I’m pretty sure that if I start again, I will have to quit again. And that’s something i just really don’t want to do.

I’m way behind on the “work” part, here at 24 days AF and only 11 days in the book. Some of the work I may go back and do again after I’m done. It seems to be helping a lot!

Maybe give yourself another 30 days – and see where it takes you?!

Good luck

Participant

Hi @daisy123 ! There are suggestions in the book… HOWEVER, Get back to me, pm me on my profile page by tapping on my screen name.. there are more options! Onward, Sina

Participant

Hello,

I’m just finishing day 15 of the program and this is my 23rd day without alcohol. I too have some anxiety about finishing the program and then no longer having the support of a daily reading, action steps, or journal to complete. The structure of the program has been very helpful to me in making sure that I don’t stick to my commitment. I’m doing it in 60 days so it gives me some leeway in case I don’t finish a solution in one day. It seems to be working for me. I think at the end of the program I plan to continue journaling and to review different solutions and action steps. I’ll keep going back to my vision statement, my core values and my goals. One thing really keeping me in check right now is these goals and the association of drinking with pain. I no longer want to be hungover in the morning and I no longer want the feeling that I’m wasting my time when I choose to have cocktails at night instead of engaging in the activities I’ve always loved.

Participant

Hi @bill0606! Its not uncommon to feel apprehensive aa you near the “end”of the 30DSS program. Please feel free to message me by tapping on my screen name to go to my profile page…wuth any questions or concerns! I have some ideas and also other resources to keep motivation high and enthusiasm strong! Congratulations on your continuing Sobriety
    Onward! Sina

Participant

Yes I have had doubts and gave into them yesterday after 15 days of abstinence. I did drink but did not get drunk. Do I need to start all over?

Participant

Hi @soberlady! Congratulations on your 15 days!
    I don’t think you need to start over again. Go to Day 14 which is a review day. You can download the Bonus Solution, the Relapse Solution. Onward! Sina

Participant

Hi
    i have been thinking about the drinking process. I am half way done with the solutions AF since 12/18/17. As nice as it seems I cant see myself being able to work it out where i could have a take it or leave it attitude. So the visualization of saying no to drinking in a social enviroment is I believe is going to be helpful for me. Using the solutions they are important to me, sounds like a great suggestion. I have a celebrate recovery book i read every day and my intentions is to listen to the Alchohol Mastery pod cast most days and/or you tube channel. I feel it would be like having my own meeting in the privacy of my own home. I once in the summer of 2017 stop drinking for 30days listening to him actually all 30 days. Then the 32 day i dranked. I didnt miss a beat , I was back to one bottle was never enough. So I do want to be as prepared as possible to thrive in sobriety.

Participant

Congratulations on your continuing Sobriety @cordia48gmail-com!
      I am impressed with your previous 12 year stint AF!
      I like Kevin O’hara’s Alcohol Mastery a lot.
      Craig Beck, Stop Drinking Expert has a lot on YouTube also. He doesn’t pull any punches and can be a bit abrasive, and he has a lot to motivate too.
      Here’s one on 100% Comittment and passion.
      Onward! Sina

Participant

Thanks so much for the clip Sina, Craig is very direct which is just what I need!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support