Benefits I've experienced so far

Home Page All Forums Day 18 – The Affirmation Solution Community Forum Benefits I've experienced so far

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Participant

Hi all,

Let me start by saying that I was the 2-to-4-drinks-a-day drinker. I was very careful to never get drunk and I never really experienced any hangovers. But I drank every single day. I decided to quit, despite my excellent blood work and otherwise good health, because I realized that the effects of drinking several drinks every single day of my life would eventually catch up to me. I also started growing tired of the ritual that goes along with drinking every day.

I didn’t expect to see any huge obvious benefits when I stopped since I didn’t really believe I was impacting my health in any blatant or over-the-top manner. That’s also part of what made it so hard for me to stop drinking. I didn’t expect any immediate or obvious benefits and I was about to give up something that I really enjoyed and believed I had under control.

I’m glad to say that I was wrong. Of course, the first few days were tough. But right away, I noticed my appetite increased and though I started to eat more, my weight started to drop. I’m on day 18 and I’ve lost about 4 pounds – and I really don’t have any weight to lose. I used to wake up with morning depression when I was drinking. It would last about 10 to 15 minutes and then disappear. I chocked this up to some sort of temporary chemical imbalance that hit me in the mornings. That is completely gone now. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and have trouble falling back to sleep. Also, it was a bit of a struggle to get out of bed in the morning. Now, I sleep through the night and, once I open my eyes in the morning, I have no problem getting out of bed. I am way more productive now since I don’t check out at 6:00 p.m. to go on my daily “liquid vacation”. Throughout the day, I also experience intermittent euphoria. I suspect this will subside as sobriety becomes my new normal. Finally, I feel this great sense of accomplishment having made it to this point. Giving up all of this to go back to drinking makes the choice seem relatively easy. Of course, I do get hit with urges now and then but I have plenty of leverage, which helps me get back on track.

What about you? What have you experienced? I’d be interested to hear.

Thanks for listening.

Participant

Thanks for your post. I was more of a 3-5 wines a night with nights of more when out. I am only on Day 2 but literally danced and sang with joy this morning getting up after sleeping through the night and waking hangover free. I too have not had problems with the law or serious health issues (at least not yet documented) But I have had regular hangovers and alcohol is sapping the energy and joy from my life.
    Last night at wine time I went to a water aerobics class so that helped avoid the urges. I expect I will have some urges over the next week or so but am prepared to ride them out. I was sober for 11 years and had many fun times that were alcohol free so I know it is possible to enjoy life without alcohol. I am traveling at the end o the week for a week visiting family and friends in NY so I am a bit fearful of the temptations being out a lot in restaurants with others drinking but I am 100% committed to my vision of a healthy happy productive life being sober.

Participant

Hello mk25more,

I’m sure you’ll do fine in NY. I have found that sparkling water works very well for me at times that I would otherwise be drinking. Hopefully, you have a similar substitute. Good luck!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support