Binge Watching

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
2 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Participant

This is something I did this past week. I got Season 1 of Mad Men from the library and binge watched (no pun intended) three episodes in a row for four nights straight (there are 13 episodes.) The characters drink all day long, even at work. That and smoking. They get sloppy drunk, say and do stupid stuff, and make bad decisions often. It’s not a pretty sight. The funny thing is, when I watched it the first time back in the day, it made me want to pour myself a bourbon on the rocks. This time around, however, I was able to remain detached and was disgusted by the behavior of these people. They actually helped me maintain my sobriety. I began to associate a drink as a glass of stupid on the rocks.
    That said, Viewer Discretion Is Advised

Participant

It’s interesting how your perception changes as you work through the program!

Participant

That’s funny Chaz1023. When I used to watch people drinking on tv I usually (no always) had my own drink in hand and it made me feel like I was socializing with them. You are so right, now I watch them and think, what the hell are doing and what kind of message are you sending out. Never realized before how much drinking there was in movies and on tv. I do notice, however, that the hangovers in the movies last for a much shorter time than mine used to.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support