Day 11 limiting beliefs

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author

Participant

I woke up today and actually went to grab my phone believing I had drunk texted someone. I hadn’t even drank and chuckled at my knee jerk reaction. I am doing well and my new belief is that I can stay sober and happy, I graduated college with honors while working full time. This is possible! 🙂

Participant

Day 11! Wow, 2 intense days of soul-searching exercises. I love it, as it has been so helpful for me to look at what lies I have been telling myself and how incongruent I have been. My biggest challenge is seeing myself as a non-drinker. I can envision a moderate or healthy drinker, but not a non-drinker. I’m not sure if this is honest,accurate, or denial or ? I do know I have quit for a month before and can regulate my drinking when I am out in public. But can I ever be a moderate drinker?
    All I know, is I am doing the 30 days. It has been eye-opening to see the dysfunction and erosion of my true self as my drinking increased. So very sad.

I am grateful for programs like this and SMART recovery that focus on logic, science, free-will, and an individualized approach. I attended a 12 step program during my separation/divorce(COSA) and just never “got” the 12-step model-it didn’t resonate with me. I needed something tangible, rational, empowering. Thankfully, I found it here.

Participant

I’m curious how’s sobriety ? Have you went back to drinking ??

Participant

I am so amazed to discover these lies I have been telling myself and my false beliefs. It has been very enlightening to really examine them closely and see where they generate from and how false they are. I have sober friends who have lots of fun, energy and exciting lives, that I never even thought about before. It only helped me to realize my false beliefs and will help me to change my beliefs as I relate to their characteristics.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support