Day 16 on the book and Day 17 Sober

Home Page All Forums Day 16 – The Quality Question Solution Community Forum Day 16 on the book and Day 17 Sober

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  karakucha 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author

brighterdays
    Participant

The quality question exercises are a great way of turning all of the work that I have done on self assessing into action steps. Changing the why’s to how’s is easy to do on paper, but in reality will be difficult. The direction of not trying to answer the how’s immediately and let the subconscious do the work sounds really good…we will see how that works out!

Made it through the weekend sober, thanks to a few of you on here. As always, I appreciate the advice, the openness and the encouragement. For those of you who are working through this book and have yet to post your thoughts, feelings, struggles on here, I highly encourage you to do so. You will be surprised to find out that almost all of us are dealing with very similar demons.

Another step forward!

karakucha
    Participant

Hi @brighterdays
    Hope you are doing well.
    Man, I had to stop the whirring & get on this blog. I’ve realized that without the anesthetizing effects of wine I can get a little manic & start spiraling & whirling into “to do” despair SO I took a break and logged on.
    Rome was not built in a day. Yes, I still have things to do but if I pushed myself to do them, I may have hit the bottle which is totally contrary to my long term goals.
    I got some things accomplished – hit some roadblocks but I cannot take on the new hurdles just now.
    I need a break.
    Thanks for being here.

karakucha
    Participant

Hello @brighterdays and hello @karakucha i.e. me (again) on Day 16 (again)
    Failing is only failing if you give up, right?
    Well here I am trying (again).
    This time it feels more permanent – every time I reread the book, I get more insight & every time I’ve gone back to using, the lows were worse.
    Now it does not feel as emotional hard. I’m more resigned. What seemed impossible before is now a relief.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support