Day 26 guided meditation rediscovering you Joy

Home Page All Forums Day 26 – The Positive Addiction Solution Community Forum Day 26 guided meditation rediscovering you Joy

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
2 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Participant

Truly enjoying the guided meditation till a crucial point. As it is well documented a lot of problem drinking stems from childhood trauma. As I have been a victim of sexual abuse as a young child , I was devastated when asked to relive some happy childhood memories on the recording. Definate setback for me. Will continue with reading the book but no more guided meditation . As many of us are survivors of childhood trauma I wonder if you have received any posts about similar experiences? If this particular guided mediation had happened near the beggining of the book I definately would be done with the 30 Day Solution. Thank heavens I am on my way to a happy sober life now from following the steps in this wonderful book.

Thank you so much for this feedback. No one else has reached out and expressed this, but I’m sure you are not the only one. I, too, am very glad your experience with this guided meditation occurred well enough into your sobriety that you were able to stay on course. It sounds like the recording may have triggered a trauma response, and I am truly sorry if that is what happened. I will bring this to Dave’s attention, it is vital information to be aware of. I hope you are doing well.

This was very helpful and powerful for me as well. Remembering the positive and the negative. A lot of things I had forgotten about came up- very good meditation for sure. It really helped me touch back into that joy and innocence.

Participant

I was able to recall the things that brought me joy as a child. The meditation also reinforced that there were very few joyful experiences in my young childhood where the adults in my life weren’t under the influence. These exercises have been such eye-openers to help me identify why I turned to alcohol under times of stress and also why I had such a hard time enjoying my life as a sober person. I identified being sober with being lonely. I remember craving normalcy as a child and, later on in my teen years, I felt extremely inadequate/inferior/ashamed because of the chaos of my home life. To the adults in my world, life was not fun unless you were drunk.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support