Day 26 – Positive Addiction

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Participant

This is a great chapter and I feel could have been moved forward in the book. When giving up alcohol, you do have a lot of time on your hands and I spent mine watching the clock, doing meaningless chores, re-organizing everything. My goal was to just get through evenings and weekends sober so that I could just go back to work. At this point it is getting easier, I’m spending a lot of time hiking, taking road trips and reading. When I get home from work, I have to have the shutoff time where work ends and my personal life begins, without alcohol. If I don’t, I’ll work all night. I was hoping by this point, I would have found sober friends, but instead I have just lost all my drinking friends. I’m grateful for this group because posting my thoughts/struggles and reading about others experiencing the same thing brings comfort during the times of loneliness. Thank you.

Participant

brighterdays . . . in an earlier post you said:

“The past 25 days on this program have been a roller coaster. I’m happy to say that it has given me 25 days to think, self analyze, and helped me identify why I drink the way I do. For me, I will not be one that will ever be the casual drinker. I love everything about drinking so that can’t even be an option. Now I’m concerned about what is next after I complete the 30 days. I’m thinking of working through “The Purpose Driven Life” or “The Work”. I’m going to need something that keeps me focused on understanding myself and improving my life. If anyone has suggestions, I would love to hear them.”

brighterdays . . . ” roller coaster”, “Sober coaster”, “Homer ‘Odyssey’ coaster” . . . whatever it is we come to call, name, or imagine we are on as we connect with ourselves anew along this passage — in whatever way resonates for us — we are sure discovering new and different, maybe for some older forgotten and now re-membered ways of being our hoped for “fuller selves” by meeting & rediscovering our sober selves again & anew in each moment, day, week, etc. — And without the aide of our worn and familiar habit of booze.

When you say: “Now I’m concerned about what is next after I complete the 30 days.” & about “Understanding” yourself & improving things. Wonder if you have read much of Carl Jung? A few of his quotes (seen below) about meeting our new parts, even as we are leaving our older ways come to mind. Good luck with it all . . . I believe we are leaving aspects of ourselves so as to meet and be transformed by what is yet being birthed during this transitional time.

Best!

“Don’t hold on to someone who’s leaving, otherwise you won’t meet the one who’s coming.”

“The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.”

“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.”

“Mistakes are, after all, the foundations of truth, and if a man does not know what a thing is, it is at least an increase in knowledge if he knows what it is not.”

“Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”

Participant

@rico & @brighterdays
      Thank you both for your posts. I hear ya @brighterdays about being lonely but overall I am lonelier when I drink at home alone that when I am sober (plus I feel better/no hangover). As part of today’s Positive Addiction Solution, I double-dipped at the gym and it was great. Ran into some friends/acquaintances in the AM and PM plus I got some workouts in – I attribute my cheerfulness at work to my AM workout.
      @rico – love these >
      “The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.”
      “Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support