Day 29 & 27 days sober

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author

Participant

I am 66 and retired. I am stuck on the life purpose statement. I was successful
    at work, and raising 3 wonderful kids, and have a wonderful wife. But, I am
    struggling to find a life purpose or vision when it all seems to be behind me. I
    was having the same problem before I started the 30-day sobriety program and was
    drinking heavily for the 2 years since I retired.
    Day 29 is stressing working at a job, and I dont have one.

Participant

Hi George,

First – Congrats on making it this far! That is awesome! As for the Day 29 Solution – that is in my opinion the hardest one (although Day 4 was a very close second for me). I finished the Book several months ago and have been doing fine wrt my drinking. However, I can honestly say that I do not have clear-cut “life purpose”. I believe I am still trying to define this. What I do know is that whatever my purpose – I want to be there for it and experience it and not run away from it and hide from it in the bottom of a bottle. I’m in my early 50’s and still working, and when I worked on the Day 29 exercises, I focused on my vision of what I wanted my relationships to be, what I wanted my health to be, and on what excites (and excited me) to help me focus on my purpose. I don’t have any “clear cut statement” for a life purpose – e.g. “I want to cure cancer” or “Climb mount Everest” or “Catch Moby Dick” 🙂 But it does focus on being there for my wife and family, and being present. It sounds like you have a great relationship with your wife – I would have to imagine your heavy drinking has effected your relationship in someway – so perhaps your current vision can be to improve this? If this is not the case, then focusing on things that you enjoyed can be helpful. I personally love competition, so one of my visions for my self wrt free time and recreation is to become a better chess player. So your goals and desires don’t have to be work focused, just about you and how you want to interact with those around you and the rest of the world! Good luck on your journey!

Best Regards,
    ursaminor

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support