Day 32 Solution 26

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
2 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Participant

Hi there
    Over the last two weeks I have been having recurring nightmares where I drink…I feel the buzz and that old sense of contentment… then my partner catches me… and I resort to old habits of denial, resentment creeps in and then I try and hide it or make excuses… The dreams feel so real… and then I think my conscious mind tends to kick in and then there is battle between it (sober me) and my subconscious mind ( drunk me). I wake up feeling the deep shame of giving away my power to the bottle… sadness for my partner and my sober self… I even have a hangover type headache that lingers and I feel so anxious… I am 32 days without drinking alcohol and on Day 26 Solution…This is the longest I have been sober in probably 10 years and I am 100 per cent committed to staying sober but these dreams are troubling me. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this… Thanks for reading…

Participant

We all are familiar with the feeling of being powerless. For me this creates a lot of anxiety. Its a negative thinking trap. I know I have the power to create my dreams and I choose whether to make it pleasant or a nightmare. All the stuff that was repressed with drinking will come up. I am reminded that when I no longer use a substance to deal with fears, I have to experience them in the moment and use the new coping strategies the program teaches. As I become more aware and take action, I feel more empowered. My peaceful times get longer and more frequent. Congratulations on your sobriety.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support