Day 4 but Day 1 again of no drinking for 30

Home Page All Forums Thrive-in-30 Starts Here Day 4 but Day 1 again of no drinking for 30

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Participant

I’ve just completed day 4. I did the Total Truth Process but it was for me of course being the first time. I’m angry with myself for attempting to do a 30 day abstain and never getting there. But each time and again today I’ve forgiven myself. I want a life free of alcohol. I know the possibilities. When I started 4 days ago in Day 1 I said I was starting my 30 days on May 28. Well yesterday, May 30, and Day 3, I got 2 new job offers (I’ve been searching for about 5 mos) and felt I should/can celebrate. So I met a friend and we drank beers and I even went after for a walk w/ my dog and stopped at a wine place for 2 wines. Again, the things that led me here came up again – not being able to work fully today, not feeling the greatest, my health, etc., so now I’m back at it saying my Day 1 of not drinking for 30 is Sunday the 2nd of June because tomorrow I’m committed to a brunch w/ friends that will have mimosas – it’s crazy I think like this. I am hoping after tomorrow (even though I may try very hard NOT to drink tomorrow June 1 being my day 1 of 30 days) I will be able to fulfill this commitment 100%. I have to. For me. For my health, for my weight for my future.

Participant

It’s Day 1 today, June 2, for me. I was thinking that June 1 would be good because June 30 would be 30 days and that made it easy to count, but it was Saturday and I had some drinks last night. I’ve been reading the book for three days and just completed Day 1 this morning and decided to make the 100% commitment. It appears you haven’t made the 100% commitment, so let’s get back to it and do it starting today!

Participant

I actually made it through yesterday June 1 so my day 1 was 5/31 – I will complete the 30 day reset 6/29 at midnite. I drank once the past 6 days on the 30th but was a bit lighter than normal – I’m committed 100% yes

Participant

Hi Tvlbuffden – Excellent news for you, you’re nearly done with Day 3. Congratulations, that’s awesome! It’s 9:15 PM here in California and I’ve gotten back from some family friends’ house after watching the NBA Finals game. It was a nice surprise that the two adults who normally have at least a few beers or rum & cokes were not drinking anything this evening either, so my urge was completely kept in check. They’re not heavy drinkers anyway, so I felt safe going over to their house. I’m back home now, I have no booze in the house, and I’m getting ready to perhaps watch a movie with my 20 year-old son, who’s home from college for the summer. So I’m happy to report I have made it through my Day 1. Waking up fresh tomorrow morning and back on the job hunt; got laid off on Jan. 31. That’s another reason I’ve decided to start the 30 Days! Back at ya! Peace.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support