Day 4 is hard…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author

Participant

Day 3 was hard but I got through it. Today I did the Forgiveness Solution on my Mom. Last time starting this program I did it on myself. What I find with this solution is that it digs up so much pain, it often ends at my breaking point. The desire to drink right now is great. Luckily it’s several hours until I could get ahold of anything anyway, so I am hoping things calm by then.

The Love Yourself section causes me problems too…my twisted up brain tries to use the idea of accepting yourself right where you are as an excuse to be able to drink today, and forgive and accept myself and start again tomorrow.

Reasons to not drink today: In the past, getting a few more days under my belt has allowed the depression to lift and then I truly felt better…just get through this day. The excuse that I can’t get any of my freelance work done without a little bit of booze feels so real – but I do know that equally real is this: if I drink today to jumpstart my motivation, then I’ll spend the next several days obsessing about my drinking problem and I’ll get even less work done. Besides the alcohol motivation is only ever temporary. Truly loving myself means holding my own hand until I get to the other side of the withdraw depression.

Participant

I hope you hung in there. You deserve the love. You are worthy of a life of freedom from alcohol.

Hang in there. You are loved.

Participant

Stay with it. I’m a Day 4 also and although (at this moment in time) I feel strong, the Forgiveness solution was really hard. I am confusing forgiveness with saying it was ok and I can never say that. As a child I was taken advantage of and through this exercise it became really clear that I am SO angry and how can I forgive someone for hurting a child? Tough day.

Participant

Welcome aboard the Sober Coaster!
      This short video helped me. I hope you get value from it also!
      Onward! Sina

Participant

Thank you Sina! This helped me understand the different kinds of forgiveness. Now, onto Release. I appreciate you taking the time to share this.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support