Day 4 will take me 30 days!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 month ago.

• Author

Participant

I’m really enjoying reading the forum posts; they have helped give me an idea of what direction to go. Many of the letters express uncannily how I feel towards myself and my drinking. Day 4 is weird because I feel no major compulsion to drink but the ghost of a compulsion (which makes me think it’s still there really!). The 100% commitment is holding true and listening daily to the book and reading this forum in the evening keeps me focused. One of my problems is that although I drink a damaging amount almost nightly and often nightly, for the last 15odd yrs, it is not of the catastrophic, acute proportion so many stories contain. Luckily, with the forum I see I’m not alone, I don’t need to be in a the gutter to have a problem that seriously needs fixing.
    As to the forgiveness thing, I’m going to struggle to do that in one day; lots of bitterness in there!!!

Participant

Thank you so much for sharing that. You certainly are not alone. Wether you drink too much daily or binge the damage it creates is still damage. My forgiveness is definitely going to be looking into the mirror and trying to forgive myself of all the damage I have created. The forums definitely help! Good luck.

Participant

Hi,yes it’s a tough one, but absolutely necessary if we wish to continue on this journey. Since reading about forgivenss, self lobe and dealing with your emotions i’ve realised it’s something i’ve never done before.
    I’m trying to remind myself:
    The past is the past, let go. In fact it was perfect im order to bring me to this point now.
    I love myself.

Good luck on your journey!

Participant

I have really had no compulsion to drink until day 4…..Wrote the first letter and realizing how isolated I am from everyone. In recent months I have separated myself from all one sided relationships, friends and family and am feeling ALOT of anger that I have no one now. Not sure where to go with this.

Participant

Hi Awhite4202.
      I wish to give you my Empathy. I have also felt this disconnection.
      I hope you will try to remember that all feelings are fleeting and this SHALL pass Friend.
      Here is a video which clarifies the Forgiveness Solution a bit for me.
      I hope you find value in it.
      We can only move forward and I am sending you my wishes for a brighter tomorrow!
      Onward! Sina

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support