Day 5 – Still Kicking

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Participant

I am sitting here next to my Mother in hospice. I have not had a drink and strange, I do not want to have one right now. I am feeling things that I have never felt before and they are truly hard to deal with.

It has been hard to keep up with the program while going through this time with my Mom. Supporting Dad is priority 1. Doing my “homework” to stay sober is priority 2. I find that the tools so far help me escape from all that is going on. Must be like how I used booze to escape.

The hardest part is my Mom can’t talk any more as the MS has taken that ability. She can hear, and I think I have said it all. I know she has heard me and I can only imagine that she is responding internally in a good way.

Rambling on. This is hard.

Participant

I can’t imagine what you are going through kenreitz27! I am proud of you for sticking with this program despite the difficult things you are going through. I think all of us who struggle with alcohol use it to escape pain and anxiety. The more I reflect, the more I understand we are supposed to experience pain and sadness sometimes, it’s what makes us human. I’m sure the words you’ve spoken to your mother in these times will forever be treasured in both of your hearts. I am thinking of you and sending you positive energy.

Participant

Congratulations on your continuing Sobriety. I CAN imagine what you are going through. I lost my own mother too, and sat with her and spoke to her along with my 2 sisters. You will survive and be able to look back on the final transition of her life clearly and with your head held high. And when your Father’s time comes, as all our ends do, you will be that much stronger as well. Keep posting here for support! Best wishes to you!!!
    Onward! Sina

Participant

Great job staying strong and hanging in there through such a difficult time. Sending positivity and good thoughts your way. Ramble on.

Participant

You are an inspiration to us all.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support