Day 6/Goals/Moving On

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
7 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Participant

My goals:

By 11:59pm on 21 December 2018 I will have fully accomplished by goal of thriving in Sobriety.

By 10pm on 21 December 2018 I will have finished the jumper that I started knitting when I started this programme.

By 6pm on 21 December 2018 I will have decluttered the rubbish in the study.

These goals are good for me to clear the mind and start the New Year energised and ready to push forward on many areas that have been on hold in my life over the last years.

Participant

Stay strong Christine! I love the goals you added, (the study, the jumper, etc) to enhance this month of sobriety. How is it going? Are you going to keep going after 21 December?

Participant

Hi Jane

Going well so far; just completed day 11 solution although I am on Day 12. Staying strong. I feel I have come along way in changing my whole perspective of alcohol. I do see it as a poison. I don’t even like the taste of it. However, although 90% there I just couldn’t get over the final 10% to break through. The biggest revelation (and it is so obvious ..Now!) is the 100%. If I always think “I absolutely 100% don’t drink” I never have that internal argument. I think the example given in the Solution was shopping lifting. For me, I have never smoked so there is never any desire to buy a cigarette. I use these examples if the “gremlin” starts raising its ugly head.

I can also begin to understand why I have failed in the past. I have only ever tried to stop drinking and I never really understood the issues that led to me being a problem drinker. For me it feels like putting a plaster on a problem without really understanding what has caused the issue in the first place. So Solutions 9 and 10 were real eye openers.

Each solution takes me about an hour/an hour and half to work through but I always feel in such a good place after and the day proves very productive.

The jumper and study are on-going! Doing the 30 days is key though.

How about you? And yes for me I want to leave all this alcohol crap behind me. I don’t want to ever give any weight or credence to alcohol again. I just want to enjoy life again and just be me and the person my husband fell in love with and the mother my boys [use to /will again] admire. I hope that if they see it is possible for me to change (knowing the struggles I have had with it) then it will show them anything is possible and the world is their oyster; they don’t drink or very little. My husband stopped drinking 18 months ago to support me in this process. He was never a big drinker and just stopped. So I have drunk secretly in the house. Well not secret because everyone knew I did so I only ended up fooling myself.

This programme has given me the solution to pushing through that final 10% – I found it at just the right time. I have tried counselling, read numerous books/studies etc but just could not break through and go the 100%. I am enjoying this process because I feel I am re-wiring myself and my beliefs from the inside out. For the first time ever I believe that i can do this. I am not taking anything for granted though but just a slow methodic approach to each day and each solution.

I hope you too are staying strong! Where are you in the 30 days?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support