Day 7 … really?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
11 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Participant

This is the first time in my adult life of drinking ( or rather now not drinking ) I have gone seven days without a single urge to drink. I can walk out back to the sun porch where all the alcohol is boxed up and go have myself a drink but I do not want too…
    I can only thank Naltrexone for helping me get to this point. If I hadn’t spent the past five months re-wiring my brain I hate to think where I would be right now. Before I started Naltrexone I was drinking way too much and doing really stupid things, all because I had to have that buzz. Now looking back with seven days under my belt and reading my journals from the past several times I had tried to quit what an amazing transformation. I also have to thank this book and the solutions that now that I don’t have that constant battle in my head fighting me, tempting me back to drinking, I can work the solutions and find positive ways to be thriving in sobriety.
    I hope this week the brain fog finally lifts and I start getting a little more clarity.
    Things I have noticed this past week. I am having the most amazingly vivid dreams. These dreams are crazy, I can’t even remember dreaming when I was drinking so this is a really new and cool experience. The second thing that I have notice… I am ravenous. I want to eat all day long. I have never really had a sweet tooth but last night all I wanted was a peanut butter cup.. I know it is the sugar withdrawal, and currently I am doing a low carb diet so I can munch on beef jerky all day and all the green veggies I want but that sugar nag is like a small itch in my bones. Nothing compared to the longing for a drink a used to have but very obvious. Hopefully that will subside next week also. Finally I have noticed my relationship to my son is much more meaningful. We talk now, I can focus on what he is saying and we are having conversations, this is especially nice seeing as how he is 17 and usually only grunts at me, but maybe he sees the change in me. I didn’t tell him that I have stopped drinking but he probably has noticed the lack of wine boxes on the kitchen counter and just hasn’t said anything. That is what I regret, not being “there” for him for the past 17 years in the way that I am now..

Participant

Good for you, it’s never too late to be there. I have had the same experiences with NOT being there or being 1/2 there and I feel awful doing that to my child. I think of that bad feeling when I even think about drinking, I have to be a better parent NOW. Good luck.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support