Day 8 Decision Fatigue

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Participant

Today is proving to be a tough day. I have not really thought about my willpower. I just give in easily when something is too hard. I do not like conflict, with others or with myself. Making decisions about anything is tough. because if it is the wrong decision, i feel like i failed. what a trap! Today I really want to drink. It is a beautiful day and a glass of wine on the patio would be just complete. I will try to white knuckle this today. I am home alone and I am scared. I really want to drink. I am going for a walk.
    thanks for listening.

Participant

I know how you feel. Stay strong, know that you are not your cravings, and you will ride it out.

Participant

Thanks for the response and the mantra. “you are not your cravings,” I repeated it to myself as needed, and… I didn’t drink But today is the first day I have woken up thinking about alcohol (wine). I wasnt expecting that.

on to Day 9

Participant

Hi – feeling a little lost, emo, and sad. I know it will pass. Going to sleep.

Participant

ah, I totally get the going to sleep choice. And it is often the best.
    Stay positive, Have a great hangover-free morning 🙂

Participant

OMGOODNESS!! I so wanted to buy a nice bottle of red last night (which was 10 days sober and present…but only day 7 working the “solution” as I take the weekend to review and reflect on what I’ve learned) So glad to know I’m not alone. And, while I did eat a BAG of dove dark chocolate with almonds, I did NOT drink. So…I celebrate my sobriety…and commit to healthier alternative healing choices NEXT time the urge hits. I am so grateful for this program and community.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support