Day 9 Feeling strong but not so strong

Home Page All Forums Day 9 – The Action Solution Community Forum Day 9 Feeling strong but not so strong

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author

Participant

As I make my way through this program I am feeling very strong and purposeful day to day. It’s when I peek over the edge into day 31 and beyond that my resolve seems uncertain. My goals for quitting drinking in the past have been to “beat the bloodtest”, fool the doctor, I’m sure some of you know what I mean. I want this time to be different but I’ve never gone into “quitting” for the long term. Now, however, is the time that I may need to be in it for the long haul. So what if I get good liver enzyme numbers? Does that mean that I can go back to drinking for 6 for months and then give it another go? Of course not. So, I’m hoping that I can wrap my head around long term sobriety. I am getting so much out of this program/book/website that I don’t want it to end. Thanks for listening.

Participant

Hello njs
    I’m wrapping up 15 days. I’ve also been sober for 12 years AA. Then 5 years again AA.
    Back drinking for the last 5 1/2years. I’ve never felt so at ease with it this time around . I’m thankful and pray it continues to grow. I would just take it easy. Enjoy every day right now. You may be very surprised at the 30 day mark. You can always go back to the solutions again. I’ve realized I really do enjoy life so much more without alcohol. Thank heavens. I just always found if I started worrying about the future it is not good. It takes me out of my peace.
    Hope this helps.
    Renee

Participant

Hi njs,

I’m on day 9 today. I feel very good but each night I get the urge to have some wine but I go into my room and read my chapter and do my action steps. I also wonder if I’ll be able to stick it out for long term. I hope and think I can. I hope you can too. I wish you luck and stay strong 😀, we can do this!

Participant

Hello njs, Renee and Lillac. I’m sober 12 days, on Day 9 of Solutions. In and out of AA from age 29. I’m 61 now. Have had 2,3 years sober then back out. My body and brain just can’t keep up with the drinking and depression became a greater part of the hangovers. Healthy replacements until the cravings pass help and the craving does pass. The 6 Steps of the Total Truth Process in Day 4 was so liberating compared to Step 4 in AA for me. Have finally found a creative outlet (make blankets) that is fulfilling and helps others without my burning out or getting a resentment. I keep my mind on the project and out of worrying and seeking sabotaging ways to sneak a drink. I’ve slowed down and am mindful of being in the now instead of rushing ahead of myself and inevitably unable to keep up. I pull a card daily from Eckhart Tolle’s The Power of Now before starting the Day’s Solution and reviews. Morning is/was the worst part of the day for me so that is when I do the Solution.
    Bravo to you for getting this far! Good job!
    Onward,
    Mary

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support