Day 9 – More Time in My Day!!

Home Page All Forums Day 9 – The Action Solution Community Forum Day 9 – More Time in My Day!!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 year ago.

• Author

Participant

Greetings from the middle of Day 9!

Without booze and its effects, I have so much more time in my day, as so many of you have noted. I just ordered some new piano books, which are at my present playing level now (MUCH lower than in college), and this is a good start to accessing my creative side. By drinking a bottle of wine every night, I had absolutely no motivation to play piano, read, sew, write….do all the things that help me process the pain of life. I am a creative person, but was stifling this by numbing myself. I did not drink to have fun socially – I am an outgoing person by nature and love a good party. I drank to numb the difficulties of life. Now, with all this “free time” (evenings – I’m alert!; mornings – I’m not hungover!) I have started reading more, and will try to pick up piano again. I used to process difficulties through being creative, and this is my goal/vision for myself.

My tiny habit will be to do my yoga breaths. 5x a day is hard to figure out.

How are you all doing? How are your cravings going?

Participant

Hi buttercupgigi,

That is awesome! It makes you wonder why we drink in the first place when we experience life without alcohol. I’ve been doing a whole lot of self care in the evening. It’s funny how I use to complain that I never had time lol. It was just once I took that first drink, all bets were off for me doing anything constructive. I’ve been reading more at night and doing my adult coloring book.
    I find coloring keeps me very present. That’s the extent of my creativity for now. Please keep coming back with your positivity! You are helping keep me sober!

Participant

Thank you ! This is so motivating to read this because one of the best reasons to stay sober is not only having more time but actually enjoying it and doing constructive things and feeling GOOD about !I’m going to start up more hobbies as I continue this journey 🙂

Participant

I am afraid of having more time and being bored or lonely. I did start to plan more social events – yesterday it worked. Today people flaked so I decided to call it an early night & maybe read. Perhaps I just need to rest. That is important too.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support