Emotional Sobriety is important for me

Home Page All Forums Day 23 – The Emotional Sobriety Solution Community Forum Emotional Sobriety is important for me

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by

suz

Participant
2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Participant

I know that I was drinking in response to emotions. I believe that this day, the emotional sobriety solution is an important day for me. I don’t feel like I really got answers about handling emotions but I have a heightened awareness that emotions were what were triggering me, so I am going to work on awareness, acceptance and releasing the emotions using the Sedona method. When my mom was alive, I processes emotions by talking to her. Since that time I have been on my own… holding my emotions in. I need to find a way to release emotions that is similar to telling my mom. It used to produce a real physical and mental release. I will journaling to see if that will do it!

So, plenty of emotions right now. Since I began the program the second time, I made the decision to end a long time relationship. I am moving in two days. I know it is for the best and I have been strong and taken action to find a new place, get packed and put it all together. Feeling lots of emotions. Realizing that he deliberately manipulates my emotions. Right now he is trying to be nice to manipulate me. To protect myself and to get moved out and on to my new life, I need to just stay clear of him as much as possible.

I am going to stay focused on all the reasons WHY this is my best way forward to a happy life thriving in sobriety and stay focused on of my vision of myself, thriving in sobriety in my new home.
    Success Girl

Participant

So happy for you successgirl! I didn’t realize how disconnected to my emotions I was. I am ready to acknowledge and experience.
    HUGE changes for you! Exciting possibilities. Wish you happiness!

Participant

Your Mom is with you in Spirit and probably very proud that you are making life changing decisions on your own. When you are free from alcohol, you slowly realize that you can make your own decisions; without influence from others. Good luck on your new journey. There will be challenging times ahead, but as you said, remember the “Why’s” and you will succeed.

Participant
    suz

Participant

I acknowledge that my emotions have been driving me, leading the way, for a long long time. I have been drinking in response or reaction to negative events or emotions for a long time. I guess it’s time I take the drivers seat. This should be interesting. I’ll give it my best. 23 days sober, still irritable at times, negative at times, but still believe it will get easier and that it is the right path.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support