Excuses and reasons to stop that i experienced.

Home Page All Forums Day 8 – The “Why Can’t You Just Quit” Solution Community Forum Excuses and reasons to stop that i experienced.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

Participant

firstly i am using this to quit alcohol and pop at the same time i do the exercises twice in 2 different journals.

This is my 1st time trying to quit alcohol i have never been to aa or anything. I love self help programs so when i realized i have a problem that’s where i turned to first and i ran into this program.

As for pop i have been trying to quit drinking coke for decades and i have failed over and over again.

So 3 days before i started i made a list of why i should wait till May

1. I have exams and quitting is gona make it hard for me to study coz i wont have a reward at the end
    2. How am i going to celebrate when i pass my exam if i can’t drink
    3. The lack of pop will make it hard to focus on my studying

Then i made a list of why i should start

1. My birthday is in May and i don’t want to be struggling to stay sober when i go to the beach.

And i started on 1st April

Now i have been 9 days pop and alcohol free. Yes it has affected my studying because i am tired and i sleep more from the lack of caffeine. BUT it is worth it. I have never had so much water to drink in my life. My body feels different and i actually feel thirsty (this used to be so rare). My taste buds feel different too. Fast food tastes very different for some reason.

Between the 2 pop has been harder to stay away from because it’s everywhere. And i miss the burn when it goes down. And also because i have been drinking it for much longer and all day long everyday for the last 20 years.

Participant

Wow, you’re taking on a lot during exams and all, but seems you’re going strong and working your way through it. Best of luck as you continue. Maybe there is something like Ginger tea that would give a nice burn on the way down as well as giving a little lift for your body and spirits. Just a thought!

Participant

That’s actually a good idea i am gona try ginger tea tomorrow 😀

Participant

i started drinking sparkling water

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support