Fear of failing, courage to continue

Home Page All Forums Day 22 – The Courage Solution Community Forum Fear of failing, courage to continue

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Participant

Day 22 Day 15 AF – I hadn’t even thought about the fear I have of not completing the 30 day reboot until today. I have been cruising along, writing in the forum and journal everyday as part of my goals for the month and then the fear crept in. What if I fail again? I have definitely made better progress with the solutions this time and am trying to stay motivated, but all the talk of fear has really come at a weird time. I recently accepted a new position at work and was using it as additional motivation for controlling my alcohol consumption. Now that I am getting ready to start the job, my anxiety is going through the roof. I know that drinking is not the answer to the problem and will make things worse, but it has been the only coping mechanism I have depended on for so long. After todays action steps I feel overwhelmed and almost depressed. I know it will pass and tomorrow I will have something else to focus on but for now I will muster the courage to continue and get my 30 days.

Participant

I totally know where you are coming from. My youngest son is a relatively new driver and asked if he could drive to a friends next thing I know they are driving into center city Philadephia to visit his girl friend. I have so much anxiety and fear about him driving. Normally I would be drinking by now trying to ease my anxiety and worry I have three kids and have always had so much fear about something happening to one of them. A lot of times I have tried to control this fear with alcohol tonight I know that alcohol did nothing to help my fear. I am drinking tea and praying my son is safe. I don’t know how other people don’t worry themselves sick like I do
    I hope you have a better day tomorrow. You sound like you are doing all the right things Keep up the great work

Participant

Congratulations on your new position Craneblaze! It is said that anticipation is the best or worst of a new endeavor. I have found that to be true for me.
    Might you consider applying “The 4 Minute Mile Solution” to your new job? Visualizing yourself succeeding and rising to the challenges which present themselves could help reassure yourself that you’re up to the tasks!
    Onward! Sina

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support