fear of

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
2 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Participant

Up until now, I was afraid of success. I really did not feel comfortable being responsible, being dependant on. What if this, what if that. Using the solutions I can be proud of myself, be happy, and have self pride in myself for being successful. I deserve it. In some ways it is my own freedom. Drinking definitely does not fit into my plans. Now I have a fear of using, and what it will do to my life. It really does not have its place anymore.

Participant

Wishing you much success gd260!!! Don’t be afraid of success. I can empathize with your worrying. Worrying has held me back from many things, but it’s so hard to let go of it. Keep build on your self-confidence. Drinking or using ultimately has only one path, & it’s not the path that we imagined for ourselves as children. It’s also not the path that our loved ones want for us. Wishing you strength & motivation on your path to sobriety!!!

Participant

I have a fear of being in social situations. Why go out and find people (time consuming to go to church or join clubs, etc.) and then spend time with them, folks I barely know, when I could be home reading or watching TV with a glass(es) of wine and not have to figure out what to say to another person, what to ask, what to do… The deeper fear is that, after 40 years of near-nightly solitary drinking, there isn’t enough *to* me to offer in friendship to another person… That’s a pretty limiting belief. In cross-examination, though, I have had a successful career, am widely read, keep a nice house and garden, raised amazing sons, am actually funny and thoughtful and kind… And so I am ready to say YES to the next offer to go out for coffee. In fact, I am ready to say YES to being the one to extend the invitation, visualizing a positive outcome, of course 🙂

Participant

I feel just like alice30 does. I also have a fear of social situations and when I read your post you captured exactly what I feel about myself. I’ll agree to say “yes” to offers and to extend invites as well. How is it working out for you?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support