Forgiving my dad!!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author
    cc

Participant

When I sat down to write my Total Truth Process letter about and to my dad, I never realized that I would be able to express what pain he had caused in my young developing life. I knew he screwed up a lot but before this letter and a sober mind, I couldn’t ever think of specific examples so it just stayed a horrible cancer of painful thinking and acting out to subconsciously make him pay for it now with constant negative living and nasty judgmental remarks and hate when I was near him!! Now after writing that letter, taking the wording under each sub category, I wrote for awhile without any hesitation. I put it all in my journal and I have been able to let go of My pain and the way it made me feel for the 42 years I’ve lived on this planet. I see the pain and confusion that he must have been living with and in. He still is caught up in his pain and drinks a bottle or two of wine a day. I don’t let his negativism affect me, my life or my children’s life anymore. I talk to him about this amazing book but don’t take any negative comments back from him personally!! I will continue to Thrive in Sobriety, not take his pain and internalize it, and be a strength and place of non judgment when it comes to my sweet and sad dad!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! I feel so blessed and have released all the heavy pain that kept drinking at the top of my pain relief!!

Participant

Thank you for sharing cc – the Total Truth Process was a wonderful tool for me as well along this process, today is day 21 for me, on the final stretch! Working through the exercises, including this one, has changed how I handle and react to negative influences in my life, whether it’s just some careless driver on the road, a work-related colleague or someone close to me. Each day presents a new skill to manage challenges more positively and has helped me find much better ways to release the stress and anxiety without reaching for the wine bottle. Good luck on the journey!

Participant

Wow, this is so incredible and in fact a kind of insp[iration for us. That how he forgives others and how his father also did the same. Here you can get uk essays to manage quality work easily. This is the power of faith i must say. And we should implement it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support