3- Ambition
    4- Loyalty
    5- Dependability
    6- Positivity
    7- Independence
    8- Justice
    9- Perserverance
    10- Self respect

How is over consumption of alcohol in conflict with my core values? I don’t respect myself by putting all this poison in my body; I am not as dependable nor ambitious. This behaviour will eventually destroy my independence and the depression it causes will destroy my positivity. I won’t achieve what I want in life and the recognition I get will be negative.

Participant

I am now on Day 18 and going through the program a second time after thinking I had nailed it but I hadn’t. In less than a month I was back to the same amount of wine I had been drinking before; drinking more but enjoying it less. It finally scared me, that there really was no future going forward in that way. It was slow suicide and complete lack of self-respect. When I woriked on core values this time I wrote down
    courage
    creativity
    dependability
    fun
    friendship
    generosity
    health
    honesty
    integrity
    justice
    passion
    tolerance
    love
    achievement
    accepting
    caring for the earth and all it’s creatures

When I wrote these, I realized that I am not living up to a lot of these at all. Drinking makes me feel sneaky, since it is the subtext of many plans, ex: let’s go out to eat (so I can ligitimately drink two more glasses of wine. Most importantly, it also takes away so much time between being too buzzed to do things I value or too hung over, depressed or headachy to do anything. This affects almost all my values.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support