Missing out…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
6 days, 5 hours ago.

• Author

Participant

I tend to beat myself up over drinking. Every time. I’m amazed when I wake up without a hangover, and think to myself “see, I CAN drink and not lose the next day!”. But that is few and far between. That usually only happens when I am not able to, due to circumstances, drink to excess. My husband doesn’t really want me to stop drinking, even though he would never say it, because I am his drinking buddy. But I have lost countless days to hangovers. I have lied to my employer that I couldn’t come to work because of something other than I just drank too much. Because that’s not ok. You can’t call in hungover, and get a sick day for it. I think that is what brought me to my lowest point, the lies. And losing an entire day, over and over again.
    I do love myself, and I’m not sure of the “why” behind my excessive drinking. Boredom maybe…

Participant

Boy Anna, I think you just gave the best answer to yourself regarding the pendulum. I haven’t had a hangover in decades. Some days a little more tired than others and very occasionally (once or twice a year) waking up still drunk and going to work anyway. I always tell myself it’s how tough I am. I think if I got hangovers, like I did when I was a teenager, I would have stopped long ago. And it’s not because I don’t drink enough. I hope your before is so strong that it keeps your pendulum swinging strongly toward your after.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support