More on “Stupid Juice” – attaching pain to drinking

Home Page All Forums Day 6 – The Outcome Solution Community Forum More on “Stupid Juice” – attaching pain to drinking

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
8 months ago.

• Author

Participant

I just have to share! “Stupid” didn’t work for me, so I found some rhyming words that work great.
    Excuse Juice – I can make excuses for myself for anything I do: “The beer made me do it” or “I was drrrriiiinnnnking!”
    Seduce Juice – alcohol makes me think I’m happy, but it just makes me unhappy.
    Self-Abuse Juice – bad choices make me feel bad, physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
    Recluse Juice – drinking makes me withdraw into myself and hide how much I’m drinking.
    Obtuse Juice – drinking gives me big-time brain fog. After more than fifty years of drinking, how many brain cells have I destroyed?
    Deuce Juice – drinking makes me feel like the s-word.
    I hope this helps someone out there. My SMART goal: Every time I think about drinking – for the rest of my life – I will use at least one of these labels to remind me why I’m now 100% sober.
    I’d also like to recommend another helpful website: http://www.hipsobriety.com
    We can do this thing!

Participant

Wow! This is excellent! Thank you!

Participant

Here’s another one: a relative who quit drinking years ago, after being a very heavy drinker, now tells his granddaughter that beer is just “old horse p*ss.” She is fourteen, and I hope she never starts drinking. (His father, born in 1905, used to call it the same thing after HE quit drinking.)

A side note: I completed 30 days of sobriety in May of this year, and then tried drinking occasionally. The beer didn’t taste as good, but I kept drinking it anyway, searching for that “feel-good” place. Drinking just led to more loneliness, brain fog, guilt, and depression.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support