My Lessons Learned and Advice

Home Page All Forums Day 29 – The Vision Solution Community Forum My Lessons Learned and Advice

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

Participant

I’m on day 29 – second time around. I completed the 30DSS back in April and went 57 days before testing the waters. After testing, I was full blown drinking again until 29 days ago. I’ve learned that I am not like others who can have a take it or leave it attitude…I’ll take it and a whole lot more, EVERY TIME, if I allow myself. Here are a few words of advice for those of you just starting out:
    1. Commit to 30 days. Make this a promise, non negotiable, whatever you want to call it to yourself. You can’t do it if you allow that 1-2% doubt to remain in your head. The internal struggles each day around if you are going to drink or not will pull you over the edge.
    2. Tell someone (preferably a spouse or best friend) what you are doing and why. I had crazy mood swings to the point that my wife would have offered me drinks if she didn’t understand why it was happening.
    3. Be active on this site…or any other that has people going through what you are. Reformed, JohnnyO, Roxy, Sina, Rico, Sunrise…you have all kept me going with your stories that I could relate to, your encouragement, your vulnerability and your willingness to laugh it up!
    4. Counting days sucks. You are not a failure, you do not go back to day 1, you do not need to get back on here and make a confession – you are making a difference in your life and the people’s around you everyday that you are improving yourself. Get back on the horse and continue where you left off.
    5. Find what helps you through the tough times. Reading your journal, meditating, exercising, etc. Understand your triggers and find a healthy way to work through them.

My Why for getting and staying sober:
    I will not continue “living” life struggling through waiting on something to happen to finally start truly living. Drinking has robbed me of many years with my family and my years are limited.

I will remain active on this site, because hearing people’s stories, struggles, providing suggestions, etc. inspires me and reminds me of how far I have come. Thank you for those that post and keep coming back. Keep taking steps forward, it is so worth it.

Participant

My Why for getting and staying sober:
    I will not continue “living” life struggling through waiting on something to happen to finally start truly living. Drinking has robbed me of many years with my family and my years are limited.

Perfectly stated! Thank You!

Participant

Hi BrighterDays,

You are a good person. It is great advice and great inspiration.

Thank you for posting.

Participant

Brighterdays,

Thank you for posting this. It is just what I needed to read today. I started this journey in July but have not “committed” to the 30 days sober. I have definitely cut back just not OUT. I think I am the only one on the site that has not made this commitment, sadly.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support