New chapter

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
6 days, 14 hours ago.

• Author

Participant

It has been about 15 years of drinking for me (some years worse than others.) I am a functioning alcohol abuser and drink after my workday is at done and primary at home. I can go from 0 to black out in about a bottle and a half of wine without the pleasure of a buzz in between. I am a b*tch when I drink and I feel like sh*t almost every morning. I have come to point of “what is the point?” Besides the fact that I am getting older and the toll of my toxic lifestyle is wearing on me. I look forward to this new chapter in my life. I just hope I’m not too late.

Participant

Its never too late for a new chapter. I know what you mean of 0 to black out , I experience the same. I have been drinking for many years too. Quite successfully also. I can keep it all together it’s kinda like herding cats, but I think I got it.
    Hang in there. Were worth it

Participant

I’ve been drinking since about 15 years old. 51 now. I did well in my job and family, but as you say, the wear and tear it takes gets worse as we get older. I’ve quit for short stints before but seem to slide back to where I was or worse. Starting again today at Day 1, so the future me will feel much better than the hung over me today.

DB

Participant

Sounds very familiar and similar to me. However, things are beginning to catch up and crumble…. This is not what I want from my life, yet I still seem stuck on the idea that my life will be dull and boring without alcohol. Sadly, I think it already is….
    Hope you are finding success…..

Participant

It’s just gotten old for me. Tired of the same story over and over. Booklover, what you said about it already being dull and boring resonated with me.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support