New Me Exercise

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  jbob 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Participant

I was reading through this chapter and had a similar kneejerk response to the positivity encouraged in the action steps. I just don’t engage with that narrative but I did still carry out the steps.
    When thinking about the future and what goals or dreams I might have achieved after 30 (90) days it got me thinking about what I had already achieved in life. The few main life goals I had at 18 I achieved within 7 years. But now I have them they don’t mean anywhere near as much as they did when they were dreams or after I first achieved them.
    It made me wonder if once I have “achieved” sobriety if it will no longer hold that importance to me and if it will become mundane or taken for granted. (I use quote marks because I don’t see this as a state that is achieved in a single fell swoop. It is more complex). I imagine this would factor into any relapsing in the future. It left me worried but also considering that it is always worth having something new to work towards.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support