pre-dinner stress

Home Page All Forums Thrive-in-30 Starts Here pre-dinner stress

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Participant

In case anyone is here….

Here it is Friday morning and I’m contemplating a new start today. I will read chapter one again this morning. I REALLY struggle with late afternoons at my house. I have kids and am alone in the kitchen at that time, stressing about dinner, because I don’t enjoy cooking. Drinking makes the whole enterprise more tolerable and even enjoyable. I feel fidgety and jumpy and irritable without it.

Can anyone relate?

Participant

Hello — I am in the exact same situation. It is a daily struggle. I too am re-starting at day #1. I wish I had some great advice for you but I continue to fail. Today will be different! I’ll send positive energy your way this afternoon.

Participant

Thanks! I just saw your reply. I ended up drinking last night, but if I had seen your note earlier, I might not have! I felt the need after work, and it was Friday. Blah blah. The usual. I will try again tonight. Nice to know someone else is in the same boat. I send you good vibes for success, too!

Participant

Hi! First Day here

Participant

Dinner time is the hardest time for me. I have always started cooking dinner by first pouring a drink before I get started. Then a glass of wine while cooking seemed like being in heaven. After dinner I used to have a cup of tea and that was the extent of drinking. Over time, that changed and the bottle of wine continued on after dinner. I had successfully eliminated the cup of tea and drank wine until it was time to go to bed. Usually amounted to a bottle and half and I am a tiny person. I would be feeling no pain. Except now I am feeling pain. The pain of feeling unhealthy from drinking. I am on Day 7 and hope to be successful in my sobriety for 30 days.

Participant

Earlier I was also getting these types of problem when my wife went out of station for some days because I did not know so much about the cooking and I had lot of writing work of my office. However, thanks to edu birdy org. which helped me so much for my writing related work and I was able to manage my work with my responsibilities.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support