Rebuilding Trust

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Participant

Hello all, I have a question for those who have reached Day 23, the Emotional Sobriety Solution. This is my first post, although I have read many posts from the first 22 days, and have been inspired by everyone’s successes.

With my many relapses, I have lost the trust of my wife. She does not trust that I am not, and have not been drinking over the past 23 days, she is not believing me. Also, with today’s reading and journal work, I shared it with her (which I have been doing every day), and she became very upset with me because she felt I wasn’t “digging deep enough.” She believes that there may have been some trauma in my past (which may be true), and that I wasn’t doing enough work to get to this issue. I am also going to counseling to address the root of my drinking, and will be discussing this possible trauma during those sessions.

I am feeling great changes from this book/reading/journaling/exercises/habits, etc., and believe that I am making great progress.

My questions is this: I am wondering if anyone else is getting this type of feedback from their spouses/partners, and wondering if anyone has any advice/suggestions/feedback.

Thank you for any input, and congratulations to everyone for making it to day 23!!!

TanaD

Participant

That sounds really tough. I would offer that it is important for you to remember that this is your journey first, and your evaluation of whether it is helping you or not is what matters most. On behalf of your wife, trust is something that once lost is very hard to regain. Please try to be patient with both yourself and her while remembering that you are in the driver’s seat because this is your journey. Best of luck to you.

Participant

Thank you for your response karfe. You’re right, it is my journey, and as long as I keep this focus, I am hoping that my actions can help to rebuild the trust with my life. Thank you!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support