Revisiting Old Journals

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Participant

Not sure where this belongs in the Daily Solutions so thought I would post it here. I am working through Day 18 – The Affirmation Solution. I have always resisted affirmations and formal goal-setting even though I am very goal oriented. As I struggled with todays steps, I revisited some of my old journal entries and happened upon this gem from about 6 years ago. This was written during a time of emotional upheaval and yes I was using copious amounts of cabernet to deal. The clarity with which I saw what I wanted struck me deeply today so I thought I would share:

“This is where the quiet time becomes so important. I have not been able to quiet my mind for weeks. It churns and churns and churns, even in meditation and savasana and my restorative poses. It is hard to hear the Heart over the mind; but I yearn to listen to my Heart – it will guide me here as I step boldly out of my box and into the woman I am – the one who is waiting out there, holding her hand out to me, she wants to grab my hand and pull me forward, but she cannot; it is something I must do on my own, step into my Authentic Self. I can see her: she is radiant, surrounded by Light; she is so at ease in her body and her Voice; she is healthy physically and emotionally, she wears proudly the face that her life of sorrow and joy has created; she moves with grace and ease in the material world, touching all who cross her path with her Love. She is M*&^% – I am Her, She is waiting for me, yearning to merge with me…

I need to stop being a good girl, a sweet girl and allow the voice of the Authentic Woman that I am come thru. That is where the songs are, that is where the melodies and harmonies are – they are waiting for the dam to burst; they are waiting for me to relinquish control.

So, what does M*&*% want?  a simple, clean, uncluttered life.  Quiet, music, creativity, yoga, friends, good food and books and conversation; sharing experiences with new people, learning about other people and what makes them tick, easing the pain of people I care about; finding God…

Oh, and PS – you don’t have to make yourself a victim to be attractive to anybody else. That is not the M&*%$ that ***** first responded to, so cut it out. I am not a victim; I am strong and powerful beyond belief, talented, wise, beautiful, kind, generous, smart. I can take care of myself and I do not need a man to take care of me or to make me whole.”

Huh, who knew it would take another 6 years to begin the work! Grateful to be here now!

Participant

Hello happy-yogizen2,
    It takes as long as it takes, and Congratulations on your continuing Sobriety! I friended you on your profile page which you can access by tapping on “Where to?” above and scrolling down to it. Keep posting! Sina

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support