Self fulfilling profecies

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author

Participant

I was worried about drinking on Thanksgiving but I made it through cooking & two potlucks stone cold sober & I had a great time but then it was time to go home. The thought of returning to an empty apartment after such a wonderful afternoon filled me with loneliness so I bought a bottle of red wine, plunked myself on the couch with popcorn & watched Dirty Dancing. I drank slower than before but managed to finish the bottle.
    Today: hangover.
    Was my loneliness cured? No. Masked perhaps.
    Went up 2 lbs & less energy today.
    So here is my conclusion – because I was worried about Thanksgiving, my subconscious mind made it come true. Same with flying. I should just keep repeating that I love to fly instead of “I need to drink to fly>’
    Going to work on that.
    Night, night.

Participant

karakucha . . . Hey, sounds like you’ve learned a few new things, maybe gained insight, about yourself. Congrats! Baby Steps, as is said. Keep after it. The worry thing is a bummer, but now you see it for what it is.

Best to you!

Participant

Hi Rico
      I programmed my mind for a work holiday party (thanks to his book at The Naked Brain) and I attended happily and never once wanted a drink. It was amazing and miraculous. Booze was even free! Crazy.
      Thanks for responding to my earlier post 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support