Sobriety becoming automatic?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
5 months ago.

• Author

Participant

This evening I visited a convenience store to get some provisions for an evening meal. It was only when I was driving away that I realised that not only had I not been tempted to buy alcohol (and only two weeks ago, any visit to this store at this time would have involved getting at least one bottle of wine to drink later that night), but I hadn’t even registered the alcohol aisle in the store. I hadn’t consciously noticed it at all. 16 days of actions, and 13 days AF. Of course, sobriety has not yet become a habit, but I take that as a good indication that the work I’m doing – that we’re all doing here – is definitely moving me in the right direction, in a sustainable way. Anybody else having “I didn’t even think about alcohol” moments?

Participant

RunnySonny,

Yes. I find that less and less I am thinking about wine. I have a open bottle of wine in the fridge, bottom shelf. It is my reminder that I can walk away from it. I think about it less and less. My plan is to empty it down the drain on day 30. Or maybe I’ll just keep it there as a “trophy”. Keep moving in the right direction.

Participant

I’m glad the programme is working for you, that you’re working the programme. I’m not sure I could have an open bottle of wine in the house. I took the ’empty your house of alcohol’ step very literally, and I’m glad did. But if that motivation works for you, great.

Participant

Hi Everyone … I just caught up on the Site Wide activity. I love “Sobriety becoming automatic” because I am here to tell you that it definitely does! I started this program last year. The whole year of 2018 was made up of 30-day alc-free commitments. I think I did about eight of them, some of which lasted up to 62 days, and 45 days. Most were about 35 days. Each time the alc would come out of my cells a bit more, which meant the urge reduced each time a bit more. I’m on Day 25 of my first 30-day alc-free commitment of 2019. My desire for alc is just about nil. This program has been my answer, and I try to pass the word on wherever I can. Believe me, you can do it!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support