Solutions at the right time

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
3 months ago.

• Author

Participant

Maybe it’s the law of averages, or an incredible design, or mere serendipity, but several of the solutions strike a chord at just the right time. Today’s was one. I needed a reminder (I’ve done CBT before, for anxiety and depression) of the need to avoid negative automatic thoughts or transform them into something positive. I have a habit of personalising, mind-reading and catastrophising. Today I had a particularly difficult party to attend. It’s been in my diary since December, at which point I wouldn’t have dreamed of getting through it without drinking, and drinking a lot. Today I had a soft drink, and didn’t feel the need to justify it to myself or anyone else. I won’t say I enjoyed the party – I didn’t – but not because I wasn’t drinking and, here’s the important thing, I knew it wasn’t because I wasn’t drinking. I didn’t really feel tempted to drink, because I knew it wouldn’t make anything any better, and would actually make things worse, by removing some of my inhibitions in the short term, making me feel worse about myself in the medium term, and moving me further away rather than closer to my goals in the long term. So here I am, 14 days AF, and moving forward into tomorrow.

Participant

That’s wonderful! I’m going to a work party tomorrow and I’m a bit nervous about getting prepare for that. Only 7 days in

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support