Struggling today

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
2 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Participant

I’m on day 23 which is awesome and I’m learning so much. However I’m overwhelmed by emotions/feelings yesterday and today. I’m sticking with the book, but reaching out here because at the same time I started the book, my boyfriend also started the book after I lovingly confronted him about his alcohol abuse and how it was affecting me and our relationship, and he wanted to work on “getting himself together” without our relationship. So we are broken up or on a long hiatus, I’m honestly not sure which. I have diagnosed PTSD with abandonment problems from being orphaned when I was 12 and abused in my foster home. And this hiatus/breakup comes also after my only child just started college. And within weeks of a major health problem. And weeks after I just moved to his house, and so I just moved back to my house a week ago. It is difficult for me to focus on the visioning work in the book right now, so I am doing my best to do what I can and to do the work and stay positive. But it is a lot right now and I am a bit in survival mode at the moment rather than thriving mode. Today I am going to re-read my vision statement and core values and forgiveness affirmation.

Participant

@cacky123, You certainly have my sympathy. I’m holding you in my thoughts for whatever that may be worth.
    All I can say is, for whatever unfathomable reason, when it rains, it pours in life.
    So my unsolicited advise is, try to break down your worries into smaller chunks which won’t be insurmountable….yeah, easier said than done…especially in the wee hours of the night when the brain has a mind of it’s own, so to speak!
    It would seem that the events you have described are not something you have control over. As is said in the first chapter, the 100% Solution, E+R=O. You have control over your Response. You definitely can’t change the past, that’s a given.
    Now as to the Events of the present….a child in College!!! Every parent’s dream!
    A problematic boyfriend, out of your hair and working on his problems while You Decide if he is worthy of your affections!
    A home of your own, where You call the shots without distractions!
    It’s your world, and your world is what you call it!
    Congratulations on your continuing Sobriety, fellow traveler!
    Stay strong and hold on tight! The Sober Coaster, as a friend calls it, is a wild ride.
    And a worthwhile one! Sina

Participant

Cacky123, Your life from this minute forward is a new chapter in your life. Sinaqueena is right, you can totally change how you respond to situations in your life. I just bought one of Jack Canfield’s other booke “The Success Principles” and it is excellent. In the beginning, he talks about how we typically respond to events and then shows us how we can change it. You can do this!!!

Participant

@cacky123 – 23 days = Wow! Big congrats to you for sticking on the right path. That is a huge accomplishment, give yourself a pat or five on the back for a job well done. Sounds like you’re dealing with a lot all at once and that’s got to be very difficult. Everyone handles stressful situations differently and it sounds like you’ve dealt with much greater issues in the past and survived, which means you are most definitely a strong person. Sina is right — hang in there. For what it’s worth, taking a walk when feeling overwhelmed can work for me (again, everyone is different). 15 minutes walking around and getting some fresh air can sometimes give a fresh perspective or outlook. We’re rooting for you – and please don’t hesitate to reach out. Congrats again on day 23. XX.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support