Talking to husband; that damn bottle of whiskey in the cupboard

Home Page All Forums Thrive-in-30 Starts Here Talking to husband; that damn bottle of whiskey in the cupboard

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Participant

Hello everyone and Happy New Year.
    This year I need to make the change…looking over my journals for the past 6 years or so shows a broken record of needing to deal with my alcohol usage.
    But when I think about stopping – even for 30 days – the freak-out and fear is so intense it sends me straight to the bottle. Late last year I did do a 10-day stint by following the book/program.
    Right now the thing that is haunting me is a bottle of whiskey in our cupboard – silly, I know – but it was gifted from a dear friend and I don’t know how to get rid of it without my husband noticing…I’m uncomfortable just asking him to get rid of it because of how much I’ve disappointed him in the past with my efforts to stop – plus he doesn’t know (or pretends not to know) how much I’ve been drinking recently or that it’s a problem. I’ve been doing one or two day jaunts into sobriety and then the whiskey gets me…I’ve replaced the bottle a number of times already…to hide that I’ve been drinking it. Truly, I feel stuck and depressed. The weather is turning grey, and I’m not looking forward to this year the way I hoped I would…

Participant

Problem solved! Yay!

Participant

How did you solve this problem? Your story is very familiar to me!

Participant

I am curious to know too!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support