Tapering before starting.Is it necessary for 60 unit a week drinker

Home Page All Forums Thrive-in-30 Starts Here Tapering before starting.Is it necessary for 60 unit a week drinker

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Stu

Participant

Hi

I am aiming to start the 30 days in January

Over the last year I have been drinking between 50 and 70 units a week with most weeks one day alcohol free.

Do I need to taper before starting

Participant

I’m not a medical professional, well actually I am. I sounds like you’ve been drinking quite a bit. Even though you have an alcohol day off a week, serious withdrawal symptoms usually kick in on day two or three. Even when I cut back to 50% of my normal drinking I started sweating like a race horse around four in the afternoon on day two. See how you feel between 24-48 hours. Shakes, sweats, nausea, headache, you might need to taper first.

Stu

Participant

Thank you

On my ‘day of’ I get no withdrawal symptoms Will bear in mind what you said about day 2 and 3 and listen to my body.Professionals have said that they don’t think I am Physically dependant.Tapering hasn’t worked in the past.

Stu

Participant

Welcome to the journey. A few of us have been continuing a thread going forward. It is under a day one forum but we just keep adding on. You are welcome to chime in. Here is the link.

Getting Started!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support