The bartender fell out of control

Home Page All Forums Day 4 – The Forgiveness Solution Community Forum The bartender fell out of control

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  fr332bme 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author

Participant

Yup. That was me at 21. I always liked to drink and never had any problem with drinking. Then I got married and we had a few good years, but then he was a man who, pretty much, ignored me. And if he was wasn’t ignoring me, he was belittling me. I was married, and lonely. That’s when I started to drink heavier…I was about 45 then.
    You see, it was my home entertainment system. I used to say that and then laugh. He drank heavy too…the rest is history, divorce; an ugly divorce. That’s after I took all the bs for 15 years, too afraid to leave. Until my eye seemed to connect with his fist. Alcohol did play a part then. Then I left with one suitcase and my home entertainment system. I lost ALOT!
    It has taken me all of these 9 years of being single to forgive him. And I only have a twinge now and again concerning my inheritance which he blew through which has left me financially strapped for all of these years. The rest I have forgiven. And I even have to say that I learned some very important lessons for all of this. And for all of this, I must forgive myself, because I did the best that I could and I know that it takes two to tango.
    So, I have been living with my cat, my dog and my home entertainment system. I would have 3-4 drinks every night and occasionally more. It was more of a habit than anything…right?
    One day about a month ago, I woke up with a black eye and had no idea how I got it. I must have fallen, but I have no memory of it. And that was my rock bottom. It seemed that my home entertainment system was no longer entertaining.
    I am so happy that I have found this book. I’m on Day 5 of sobriety, the first day of the rest of my life. I am not struggling too very much, but I am committed and on my guard. I am very grateful and I have forgiven myself. Now I just need to love myself a bit more.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support