Whoa! Upon hearing this chapter, all I wanted was a drink

Home Page All Forums Day 4 – The Forgiveness Solution Community Forum Whoa! Upon hearing this chapter, all I wanted was a drink

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Participant

I’m listening to the audio of the book. I woke up a little late today, so I listened on my way to work.
    As the action steps rolled out, I was OVERWHELMED. Instant anxiety. every ounce of me wanted a drink. Intense and heavy stuff. I imagined myself writing my letters at a bar.
    I still haven’t written a letter yet. It was a long day. But the pull for a drink after work didn’t linger for as long as usual today. 💛

Participant

Day 4 was a hard one for me too. I spent the morning crying, but I did not drink and it passed. I still have one more letter to write and it’s the biggie. I wrote them all on day 4 in my journal but I will have to rewrite if I want to send that one to that person. I hope this day finds you better.

Participant

Same here! I was actually thankful that I’m on steroids for a herniated disc, which means drinking is a no-no. (And I promise, NOTHING is fun about a herniated disc OR steroids) I don’t know that I would have made it otherwise.

The worst part of this is, I can’t think of a single person that I hold a grudge against or who I hate enough to even waste a second on. I definitely need to work on the self-forgiveness part, though.

Bet of luck to you, and I truly hope you are savoring every clear-headed moment.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support