Working as a bartender yet staying sober

Home Page All Forums Day 27 – The Love & Relationship Solution Community Forum Working as a bartender yet staying sober

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author

Participant

I work at my boyfriends bar as a bartender on the weekends. We are allowed to drink during our shift so this makes its hard. I see customers that i used to drink alot with and now some congratulate me for not drinking yet still working at a bar. Some are even asking what else do i do to nit drink. They think maybe i smoke weed now or do other drugs. But i dont.i guess im looking just to vent here. People dont think i have a problem but i think they just want me to drink with them again so we can be at the same level in a social setting. Its tough and sometimes i even had to go to the bathroom and cry because my urge to drink was so intense. I just started this book im on day 8….but 91days sober. I dont even know how i have done it without attending an aa meeting nor rehab center. I relied simply on willpower and contacting a friend who is also an alcoholic when i fealt a weak moment coming and he has helped me stay sober. My entire family drinks and everyone else im surrounded by. I guess im wondering how does everyone else cope in a social setting when everyone else is drinking. Sometimes i just have to leave the place and not risk a relapse.

Participant

WOW @wendyrn1 ! That’s an awesome accomplishment! 91 Days Sober? Even if it was 9 days, it would be remarkable. I think the 30DSS will give you more impetus for continuing to grow and learn to Thrive in Sobriety. It’s a great program/book.
    Welcome to the Sober Coaster! Onward, Sina

Participant

Thank you! Well I am on my last day of the book and 119 days sober. I still cant believe how amazing this book is and how it has changed my life. I have a purpose now. Goals and discovered what I want to do in life. I am a makeup artist, but now I am getting into the world of permanent makeup…I got certified to do eyebrow microblading, got my tattoo license and working on learning how to do permanent eyeliner and lips. I have always admired people who do this. I never thought I could ever do this because my has were always shaking because I was always hungover. I would think ” yea right who would want to let me tattoo their makeup with these hands? I guess I will be a bartender for life….” and I am also epileptic so I always had that fear of “what if I have a seizure while doing someones makeup assuming I had already had a few beers to get rid of the shakes….well I no longer have that fear. I dont wake up shaking daily like I used to and Im getting closer to accomplishing another certification. I still bartend here and there when I need to cover a shift or running low on cash and I don’t have enough gigs for makeup. But it is finally not my priority. The job is there and I do it but to get me closer to being a permanent makeup artist.

hope all is well. I am about to read the 30th day and honestly I am a little sad but excited at the same time. I am going to give this book to someone and hopefully he reads it. i think it would help him a lot to cut back drinking or even quit.

Participant

WOW. Thanks for sharing. I’m inspired! It’s great that you want ti give back! Take a look at your profile page by going to the “Where to?” Above and tapping on it. Thanks again ONWARD, Sina

Participant

Hi again @wendynr1.. Just reassuring you to not be sad…I was too bc I loved the structure…please think about joining a group I’ll tell you more about .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support