Wow – Day 10 and 11 are quite a trip!

Home Page All Forums Day 11 – The Lie Detector Solution Community Forum Wow – Day 10 and 11 are quite a trip!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Participant

Day 10 and 11 are bringing quite the flood of insights – too many to list at 1130 PM , but I have to share this phrase that is going on one of my daily mantra index cards.

I was challenging my belief that drinking enhances all of my leisure time activities: TV, cooking, eating, chatting, dancing.

I struggled a bit with this one – it can be so much fun to have drinks with friends, or drink while cooking or watching TV.

But with being sober, I really like to do much more of a mix of activities. I get bored now with one hour of TV. I find myself looking for new leisure activities, and it dawned on me that yes, one of my core values is being playful and enjoying variety. I wrote down “I love the variety in sobriety”.

And then I realized that it rhymed, so I had to post it here to share it 🙂

Participant

peterpanda23 . . . Pretty cool reasoning at 11:30 at night. And who knows, if you “love the variety in sobriety”, maybe, just maybe better reasoning will be the seasoning of it as well . . . sounds like you’ve got both going on quite well. Seriously happy for you and any of us hanging in and finding such new nuggets along the way.

Can also totally relate when you say: “I really like to do much more of a mix of activities. I get bored now with one hour of TV.”
    I sort of turn into a kind of zombie when the drink takes over. Sort of like some strange space invasion of the destructive kind. Might be mixing metaphors, but, what the heck, all I know is that at some point things got past the Twilight Zone and that was anything but “Enhancing.”

Thanks for sharing your insight.

Participant

Hah – I love it – better reasoning is the seasoning is going on the same index card !
    I kinda forgot how much of a goofy guy I used to be – I really never needed alcohol to have some laughs, I just had somehow forgot. I like the twilight zone reference! I am realizing that my winter was more like that show Black Mirror than I care to admit.

Thanks again for the comments Rico, let’s keep this going!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support