Your "Best Weight"

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
2 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Participant

Here I am in week 7 happily noting that I’ve lost 7 pounds. So naturally I started graphing my progress, putting in trend lines and setting goals… But what if in week 8 I don’t lose that 8th pound, what then? While I was trying to convince myself to just enjoy sobriety, exercise, eat well, and see where my body takes me, I came across confirmation from the internet (so it must be true…)

Take a look at http://www.vox.com/2016/5/10/11649210/biggest-loser-weight-loss.

“The truth is there will come a point where you can’t happily live any better — where you can’t happily eat less and you can’t happily exercise more — and your weight, living with that life, is your best weight. In every other area of our lives we readily accept our best efforts as great, and we need to do that with weight and healthful living too.”

Participant

The point is to be fit. To be healthy with a heart that gets a cardio work out most days and strong muscles and frame that you work 2 to 3 times a week. You can be 10 pounds overweight but if you do the work, that’s OK. Read “Younger Next Year” and “Younger Next Year for Women” by Chris Crowley and Dr Henry Lodge. A great read to follow up the 30 day solution. Gears you towards health and longevity. We all want to live long, right? That was a good part of getting sober for me. Today’s science has us living longer but I want to do it HEALTHY. WEIGHT is only part of the equation.

Participant

Agreed. But I came to the 30 day solution fit (well, chubby but fit) with a good exercise program and a good diet. The good doctor’s point was once you’ve done all that and have laid off the booze, then whatever weight you become is the “best weight” for you.

“the goal with weight loss and/or healthful living is for people to simply do their best, for people to determine their own best efforts, and respect their realities..”

Participant

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Register Here

If you would like more information about The 30-Day Solution Companion Website before registering you can learn all about it HERE.

• Available Now at Your Favorite Online Retailers!

"The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is an amazing step-by-step program for getting your drinking (or any addiction) under control. It uses the latest and greatest methods for overcoming addictions." —Jonathan Robinson, M.A., M.F.T., former clinical director of the National Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (in Santa Barbara, CA.)

Get the Audio Book

Read by Jack Canfield & Dave Andrews

"Jack Canfield and Dave Andrews have released a penetrating wind of possibilities that will blow open the shuttered windows and locked doors of addiction recovery that can never be closed again."—Dr. Jean LaCour, Co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education

Order the audiobook today by clicking the retailers below:

• rbutton_amazon
    • rbutton_BN
    • audible
    • AnazonCA

For more information or to contact us, please email: support@the30daysolution.com

For more information or to contact us, please see 30Day.Support